Beaufort Today -

Holy Trinity appoints development team

  • Gulbrandsen
  • Green

Two people have been appointed to a new development team that will raise money to support Holy Trinity Classical Christian School’s mission of meeting the educational and spiritual needs of children in the Lowcountry.

Hank Gulbrandsen has been appointed director of development and Karey Green has been named event director/development representative. They will work together to support Holy Trinity’s faith-based tuition policy.

Net tuition payments have covered about 60 percent of the school’s operating expenses and donations have covered the remaining 40 percent. Holy Trinity awarded $353,000 in needs-based financial assistance to the families of 40 percent of its students in the 2016-17 school year.

A founding board member, Gulbrandsen has served as president, vice president and treasurer of the board of trustees, devoting his skills to the finance, development and curriculum committees. He is currently a member of the board of governors.

Gulbrandsen will be responsible for creating strategy for the overall development and stewardship of the school’s annual giving needs and long-term capital expansion needs programs. He also will be responsible for increasing fundraising through capital, comprehensive and annual campaigns, scholarship and program endowment, major gifts, planned gifts, grants and cultivating future alumni.

Green, currently serving as a teacher assistant, has four children enrolled at Holy Trinity. She is responsible for creating, coordinating and conducting events, development activities, donor correspondence and managing and reporting donor data.

Holy Trinity’s 275 students in grades preschool through nine study Latin, the great works of poetry, literature, art, music, history, phonics and mathematics, all within the framework of a Christ-centered learning environment.

Comments